1. What does CompareCards do?We help you compare credit cards based on the factors that matter most to you, whether it’s a low interest rate, balance transfer offers, rewards, cash back, or other incentives.
2. Why should I choose CompareCards?We’re all about giving you the tools and information you need to make smart, healthy financial decisions. And we make it easy to do – with a website that’s easy to navigate and full of valuable, helpful financial resources and tools like CompareWallet, a balance transfer calculator, and a debt payoff calculator.
3. Are you financial experts?We geek out on all things financial and have decades of experience in the industry. We love being at the forefront of the latest trends, news stories and resources. And, we ensure that every resource and tool on our website is meticulously researched and validated.
4. How do I apply for a credit card?Once you’ve found the credit card that best suits your needs, simply click on the “Apply Now” button. You’ll be directed to the bank’s official application page.
5. What information must I provide for a credit card application?General information such as name and address, plus your date of birth, Social Security number, some financial information, and your total annual income.
6. Can I trust your site with my information?Absolutely. As a Symantec Safe Site, we’re secure. Our privacy practices have been evaluated by Truste, and we are A+ accredited with the Better Business Bureau. We’ve also been featured on CNN Money, Forbes, The New York Times, and more.
7. How long does it take to process a credit card application?You’ll be notified via email or phone regarding the status of your application. Some credit cards offer instant approval while other offers take about 7-10 business days to process your application. Once your application is processed and a decision is made, you will most likely be notified by standard mail, but possibly by e-mail. Some smaller institutions may take longer than 7-10 days to approve or deny an application, so check with the institution to confirm an expected response date.
8. Does CompareCards issue any credit cards?No. We’re a free service that allows you to quickly and easily compare credit card offers from issuers, but we do not issue any credit cards. We have more than 100 cards available for you to choose from and we assist you with the card selection process by giving you free access to valuable information through our compare tool, the rewards estimator, and on our blog, CompareWallet.9. What is the Education Center?We feel it is vitally important to start early in educating our youth about the importance of building good financial habits at a young age. Through six downloadable education plans, our Education Center helps parents and educators teach children aged 6-18 about money in the real world, building credit, investing, and more.